What Christian Leaders can Learn from Lean1 min read
Andrew Parris and Don Pope note some striking parallels between Lean and Christian/biblical principles, even though Lean has roots in Buddhist and Japanese teachings and culture. Through “tireless experimentation” the founders of Lean discovered timeless and universal principles that produced tangible results. Toyota systematized these principles and practices a management system that we now call Lean.
They propose seven principles of Lean that have wide appeal to any organization, including ministries and churches.
- We exist to provide value to our customers.
- Waste is the greatest hindrance to achieving our goals.
- A good root produces good fruit.
- The greatest long-term gains are achieved incrementally and continuously.
- Capable and empowered employees will achieve great things.
- We achieve better results when we work together.
- Value is created, learning happens and relationships develop where the action is.
Read the entire article at https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/64438356/christian-business-review-2020-leadership/26