This is the 2nd collection of real-life experiences and stories from those who have spent time at the “gemba.” They have generously offered to write a chapter about lessons learned and tools they have applied. A great book to share with potential volunteers, or nonprofits wanting to learn more about Lean or Six Sigma applied to their organizations. Proceeds from book sales will go to the nonprofits selected by the authors.
Table of Contents
- Joe Wojniak and Lynn McCullough: Improving Thrift Shop Donations (interview with authors)
- Proceeds donated to TRU Community Care
- Tim Turner: Helping Others By Following The Toyota Way (podcast interview with Tim)
- Proceeds donated to Center for Quality People and Organizations (CQPO)
- Douglas Cooper: Lessons from Liberia – Standard Work as the Foundation for Lean Practices
- Proceeds donated to Mercy Corps
- Anita Havemann: Reducing Time and Complexity in Nonprofit Accounting
- Proceeds donated to Relay Resources
- Steve Bell: Simple Framework for Complex Problems
- Proceeds donated to Lean4NGO.org
- Elisabeth Swan: Leaning into the Mission of Childcare (podcast interview with Elisabeth)
- Proceeds donated to Cape Cod Children’s Place
- Tracy O’Rourke: Increasing Meals Per Hour with Kitchens for Good (podcast interview with Tracy)
- Proceeds donated to Kitchens for Good
- Joy E. Mason: Using Six Sigma to Address Racial Equity (podcast interview with Joy)
- Proceeds donated to The Six Sigma Racial Equity Institute
- Resources and Next Steps
This volume was released on January 27, 2023
How to order
Do you teach in academia, or run a nonprofit? You may be eligible for free copies to share with your staff and students. Contact us for more information.
*Significantly more proceeds to nonprofits received when ordered via eBook/Kindle through LeanPub
Contact us to inquire about buying multiple paperback books.