Staff from the Transit and Muni Customer Service (MCS) divisions of San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) embarked on a journey to improve the process by which it responds to employee-related feedback.
Over a series of four rapid improvement meetings, the project team improved the process by:
- Creating standard guidelines for processing key types of feedback
- Ensuring all information necessary to resolve a complaint is collected from the customer at intake
- Creating templates to make it easier for MCS employees to respond quickly to the most frequent types of complaints
- Developing criteria to identify priority video pulls that are critical to investigations
- Selecting metrics for a new weekly reporting dashboard to monitor performance
Read the entire project at https://cityperformanceleanprogram.weebly.com/uploads/1/4/0/3/14037181/mcs_packet.pdf