Report from Florida Nonprofit Alliance
The Florida Nonprofit Alliance published a report from surveys sent out in 2023 that highlights the state of Florida nonprofit organizations in three categories: things that are going well for the sector (Positives), things that are challenging (Pressure Points), and things that the sector needs (Present Opportunities).
- Program and service delivery continues to be a strength for the sector.
- Financially, organizations feel slightly more secure.
- Fundraising was slightly more stable than in previous years.
- Both costs and demand for services are increasing.
- Nonprofits need new sources of funding.
- More volunteers are needed.
- CEO transitions are happening frequently and will continue to do so.
- Changing advocacy needs.
- Convince more individuals to give to formal nonprofit organizations.
- Increase availability of health insurance providers.
- Support nonprofit staff.
- Increase unrestricted revenue for nonprofits.
More details can be read on this website (https://flnonprofits.org/general/custom.asp?page=NonprofitSurvey2023), and the full report is attached for review.
Assuming this report is a good representation of many other charities and nonprofits, here are some things I think our group could help with
- Increasing capacity and costs of services
- Streamline the fundraising process, study data on what is working and not working
- Streamline the volunteer experience (VSM or process map)
- Streamline the CEO transition and on-boarding process
Log in to reply.