A Development Program consisting of multiple high-priority business improvement initiatives and corporate milestones was still in its infancy and needed assistance. There was a lack of governance and contradictory information which made it impossible to prioritize work, manage project resource requirements or provide any business justification.
A new role was created (PMO manager), and worked in partnership with the Government Owned Company and challenged the status quo in a constructive, trusted and objective way. They were able to mobilize this new PMO function to support client control to change the program internally.
The benefits include:
- The ability to prioritize work against the corporate strategy
- Manage resource including permanent staff
- Ensuring value for money
- Ensuring a project only goes ahead with a valid business case which will allow for benefits realization and return on investment
- Focused sponsorship from senior management
- Controlled and managed impact of change
- Being able to manage dependencies
Read the entire article at https://ciprojectsltd.co.uk/PMO/