The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) is the world-leading centre of excellence in accurate measurement standards, science and technology. NPL was experiencing consistent problems with their logistical team that couriers their packages; packages to customers were lost or delayed, and important paperwork relating to importing and exporting of goods was not being managed.
After a Voice of the Customer (VOC) exercise and a time-and-motion study of the logistics process in action, a number of improvement solutions were swiftly generated and prioritized following a full root-cause analysis.
Using Lean Six Sigma and Change Management techniques, they were able to realize and demonstrate numerous benefits including:
- Improved process cycle-time by 80%
- Improved staff engagement and retention
- Reduction in lost parcels (down to zero lost parcels)
- Improved the rate of parcels delivered on time
- Improved customer confidence
Read the entire article at https://ciprojectsltd.co.uk/national-physics-laboratory/