Looking to apply your Lean or Six Sigma skills to a local nonprofit organization of nongovernmental organization (NGO)?
Below is the list of organizations around the world, so you can find the organization closest to you.
As you can see, there are not many groups listed, so consider setting up your own group in your area!
Here are a few tips to get started:
- Setup a free LinkedIn group, using the format “Lean <<City Name or Region>>” such as Lean Seattle, Lean NYC, Lean Paris, etc. Email us with the group link, so we can add to our site.
- Invite your local co-workers and friends to join the group, and post the new group in other LinkedIn groups and forums that might be interested.
- Once you get some interest, setup a kickoff meeting. This meeting will be used to find out what everyone wants from the group, and how much availability they have.
- Setup regular recurring meetings to continue the discussion. Suggest 1-2 times per month.
- Identify a few nonprofits you can meet with and propose a project with them. Hopefully someone in the group has existing relationships with a nonprofit to start with.
- Help the nonprofit! Take lots of photos and videos when you make progress.
- Spread the word about the success you are having through social media, and email us with any links to the articles and posts, so we can add to our site.
Lean and Six Sigma consulting for nonprofits
- Texas – Dallas (Lean DFW) – Mark Graban & Mike Lombard
- Florida – Jacksonville (Community Excellence Alliance) – Karen Davis Cates & Michele Boutwell
- Oregon – Portland (Lean Portland) – Matt Horvat