Sabrina Malter is a Kata coach at a major pharmaceutical company in Germany. Kata is a pattern you practice to learn a skill and mindset until it becomes second nature.
She facilitated a conversation with people from Germany and Switzerland.
They structured the conversation around the following questions:
- What’s our target condition for an inclusive and equitable work environment (with a focus on racism)?
- What’s the actual condition now?
- What obstacles do we think are preventing us from reaching the target condition? Which one will each of us address now?
- What is our next step? What do we expect?
- When can we go and see what we have learnt from taking these first steps?
After their discussion, they identified a few next steps:
- Set up more opportunities for dialogue around racism, microaggressions, connotations and allyship.
- Speak up against racist comments and encourage companies to take a stand
- Reach out to Black or POC colleagues without being intrusive
Read the entire blog at https://www.leanblog.org/2020/08/kata-coaching-next-steps-towards-inclusion-and-equity-at-work/