Starting in 2015, the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection conducted Lean projects focused on business licensing processes.
- Improved real estate school approval process from paper-based to digital
- Reduced food manufacturer inspection time
- Reduced home improvement registration application for contractors from 8 weeks to 2 weeks
- Streamline charity application process to focus on paid solicitor employment in more detail
- Improved charity BINGO documentation process by moving from a paper-based weekly report to a quarterly online report
- Reduced effort to perform background checks for casino operations
You can watch the 8-minute video called “2016 Lean Showcase – Department of Consumer Protection” at https://www.gembaacademy.com/guests/state-of-connecticut